ARB's premium forged Aluminum Air Tank is four liters (one gallon) in capacity and is rated for a working pressure of 1034kPa (150psi). Its aluminum construction make it lightweight and its universal brackets allow for easy mounting in many orientations. Its flexible four-port design permits easy daisy-chaining of additional tanks or installation in situations without cross flow. Low porting positions cycle moisture out of the air system as you consume air. Adding this air tank to your compressed air system will increase its compressed air storage capacity and will enable ARB's Maximum Performance On-Board Air Supply (CKMTA) to operate most air powered tools.
This kit includes:
- 1 x Aluminum Air Tank 4L (1 gallon), 1034kPa (150psi) with 4 x 1/4" NPSC ports
- 2 x 1/4" NPSC to JIC-4 straight fittings
- 2 x 1/4" NPSC port plugs
- 4 x hex bolts (M6 x 10mm)
- 2 x universal mounting brackets
- Forged aluminum end caps welded with an extruded aluminum body
- 50% lighter than equivalent steel tank
- Horizontal or vertical mountable
- Minimal fluid retention due to outlets placed at the lowest point
- Daisy chain compatible to allow fitment of multiple tanks
- Rated for 150psi
- Four 1/4" NPSC ports with two JIC-4 male fittings and two plugs included
Mounting brackets can sit inside or outside of tank for multiple mounting options
There is also an adapter bracket if you need this tank to match the prior tank's bolt pattern (P/N 0830003)
- First, determine a suitable position to mount the air tank with the following considerations:
-The air tank should be mounted so at least one port (the outlet) is mounted towards the ground.
NOTE: This is important to avoid moisture accumulating in the air tank. Alternatively, the tank should be regularly removed and drained.
-The mounting surface must have access from the opposite side to allow tightening of the bolts/nuts. It should also be flat and allow for all four mounting bolts to be used.
-Mounting the tank close to the compressor/manifold kit or pump-up kit is desirable to reduce the length of hose required.
-Ensure there is enough clearance at both ends of the tank to allow the inlet and outlet hoses to be fitted.
-If mounting the air tank under the car, ensure it is not the lowest point of the car and is well protected from damage.
- Using the M6 x 10mm hex bolts (included), assemble both universal brackets (included) to the tank in the orientation that will best suit the orientation of the tank (i.e., one port at the bottom). Note that these brackets can be mounted with the bases in any combination of either inward r outward from each end. Tighten to approximately 4.5Nm (3.3ft.lbs.).
- Mark the drilling positions of the mounting holes on the mounting surface. Attached to this article is a template that can be printed. Measure the scale to make sure it is printed to the correct size.
- Before drilling the mounting holes, double check the suitability of the chosen mounting position by loosely attaching all the fittings and/or hoses to the air tank and then holding it in place.
- Drill four mounting holes measuring approximately 7-8mm (5/16") through the marked positions in the mounting surface.
- Assemble the two 1/4" NPSC to JIC-4 straight fittings (included) into two ports of the tank in the positions where you intend to attach your input and output hoses. These can be both located on the same side of the tank as long as the port is positioned at the lowest point on the tank. Tighten to approximately 6.0Nm (4.4ft.lbs.)
- Assemble the two 1/4" NPSC port plugs (included) into the two remaining ports of the tank. Tighten to approximately 6.0Nm (4.4ft.lbs.).
- Secure the tank using M6 bolts and lock nuts/washers (not included).
- Connect your input and output hoses to the straight fittings. Various lengths are available separately.
NOTE: When tightening the JIC-4 hose couplings, use one spanner to hold the JIC-4 male fitting from rotating, then use a second spanner to tighten the nut on the hose side of the coupling. Tighten to approximately 16Nm (11.8ft.lbs.). Connection to an air compressor should only be done with durable high-temperature air hose.
- To ensure your compressed air system is as efficient as possible and the compressor does not operate unnecessarily, check all connections for air leaks by spraying them with a small amount of soapy water and watch for the formation of bubbles.