ENERGY CONSERVATION TIPS
- Ensure the fridge has plenty of ventilation. A minimum of two inches around the entire fridge is recommended.
- Keep the fridge in the shade and crack the windows to maximize airflow.
- If the fridge see’s dusty conditions – with compressed air, blow out any dust and/or dirt that have accumulated overtime.
- An ARB Fridge Transit Bag will provide more insulation. This results in less frequent compressor start up’s and run time.
- Minimize lid opening periods and frequency by packing items in reverse order that you will consume them.
- Aim to keep the fridge as full as possible. As you remove an item, fill that void with an additional beverage.
- Keep items that need to be colder at the bottom.
- Keep the temperature lower when driving and increase it to a more economical temperature when the engine is off.
- Choose canned beverages over bottles. Cans will cool down faster and will also maximize space.